Image Map
Image Map

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Livin' Lean Topic Tuesday: Figure Friendly Fast-Food

Is there really such a thing? Fast food that won't give you all the calories you need for an entire day in one, single sandwich. Yes!

Now, I am not saying that fast food is the best, but it is definitely better than nothing. If you are in a pinch, running around without much time to grab a meal, finding a drive thru is healthier than skipping a meal; as long as you make a smart choice. We want our bodies to stay fed and not ever feel as if they are STARVING! Starving your body is the same as slowing it down. A body with a slow metabolism burns less fuel, essentially causing the body to store more fat. Not what we want. That is why grabbing a little fast food is better than ignoring your hunger.

So...what qualifies as a figure friendly fast food choice? Here are some of my "go-to" choices from a few popular fast food establishments:

McDonald's ~ Grilled Snack Wrap (BBQ or Honey Mustard) 260 calories/9 g/fat
                         Hamburger - 250 calories/ 9 g/fat

Taco Bell~ Fresco Ranchero Chicken Soft Taco-  170 calories/ 4 g/fat + 12g/protein
                   Fresco Grilled Steak Soft Taco-  160 calories/ 4.5g/fat + 9g/protein


Burger King~ Tendergrill Chicken Sandwich (no mayo)- 360 calories/ 7g/fat
                        (drop the bun and only 170 calories/ 4g/fat)

Chick-fil-a~ Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich- 300 calories/ 3.5g/fat + 29 g/protein

Of course, salads are always another option (be careful of high fat salad dressings). However, I don't know about you, but a salad just doesn't do it for me. I need a little more to keep me satisfied.

There are other healthy options out there, but I just wanted to show a few examples. Every fast food restaurant has nutrition facts available (in store and online). You don't have to go hungry or order blindly. Know what you are eating and enjoy it!



3 comments:

  1. Great post! I always struggle with finding something healthy when I am out to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this post! Good things to keep in mind. I am really bad about skipping meals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that! I found myself with this problem the other day. I was in a hurry and wound up with McDonald's chicken mcnuggets. Yuck! Will try your suggestions next time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails