Image Map
Image Map

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Livin' Lean Topic Tuesday: Carrots 'N' Cake

Life is about balance. We balance work and play, friends and family; everything from the "cheat days" in our diets to the checkbooks in our purse. One of the places I think this balancing act most certainly applies to is with food and exercise. Calories in, calories out. Finding that perfect balance where our bodies and our souls find true health and happiness can be tough. But as fellow food blogger and author Tina Haupert shares in her new book, Carrots 'N' Cake, there is a way! It is possible to have your cake and eat it too!

This adorable book is full of more than just great recipes. It has REAL stories that come straight from Haupert's heart and touches yours. Healthy living doesn't just happen for everyone. Sometimes we have to go through life's little experiences before we figure out how to make it all work in a healthy way. There are going to be happy hours and drive-thrus. It is how you handle them that allows you to live a healthy life; beer and burger included.

I love this book because...

  • It is real! I can connect with the stories.
  • The recipes rock!
  • Tina loves running and beer; two of my favorite things!
  • It is a way of living, really living, not a diet.
  • And because of lines like this (taken from Chapter 6 of Carrots 'N' Cake) ~ "Nowadays, after another Saturday night with a heavy meal out and one too many glasses of wine, I'm once again looking to get myself back on track. I'm fine with getting a little off track every now and then. I want to enjoy life, and sometimes I do that through food and drink. I'd rather be happy than miserable because of a diet that restricts me from my favorite foods."  AMEN to that! This is exactly my take on it!
In the last chapter of Carrots 'N' Cake, Tina opens up a little more about how she stays happy and balanced. Most importantly she emphasizes the importance of having fun. This book is a great read and one that just makes you feel good. I haven't met Tina, but I kinda feel like I have. She connects with readers through her writing; just one of those gals that loves life and would be a blast to hang around. Her grasp on the balance of food, exercise and life is one that is healthy and sure to bring happiness to all those who read her writing.

Looking for more on Tina and Carrots N' Cake, visit her blog http://www.carrotsnckae.com/ !

Want to get a copy of Carrots 'N' Cake? Buy one right HERE, on Amazon!

Have a great Tuesday...and perhaps a slice of carrot cake!



3 comments:

  1. Now that sounds like my kind of book. Especially with the cupcake on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lindsay! This books sounds great! Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to reading more post! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails