First, let me share a little about the author. Not only is Janet Brill an educated woman in the area of nutritional and health science, but she has experienced, first-hand, just how painful the outcomes of heart disease can be. When Janet's father was just 45, he suffered his first heart attack. Twenty years later, with no lifestyle changes or advice that could have saved him, he suffered a second heart attack which sadly ended his life. In 2009, Janet's husband had a heart attack. Thankfully he is still alive and because of this, Janet was motivated to write this book----for him. She was not ready to allow her husband to follow down the same path her father did. So, Janet put together this book; combining a great deal of highly-scientific content and presenting it in a user-friendly way. It is practical. It "makes sense". And it gives you hope and motivation; as desire to want to make these life changes.
Things "I Heart" About This Book:
- Brill explains how heart disease happens in the first place.
- Foods that heal the arteries include: extra virgin olive oil (which we like to use around here), whole grains (go carbs!), red wine and dark chocolate.
- Encourages walking for heart health (a free, fun & easy fitness plan for anyone).
- Provides a meal plan.
- Includes tons of delish recipes for any meal.
- Did I mention that the book encourages red wine and dark chocolate? Just checking!
Take care of those hearts & have a wonderful Tuesday!
Book Information : Prevent a Second Heart Attack: 8 Foods, 8 Weeks to Reverse Heart Disease; written by Janet Bond Brill, Ph. D., R.D., LDN. Three Rivers Press, New York. 2011