Image Map
Image Map

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cooking Light with Bobby Flay: Grilled Banana and Nutella Panini

I have one important question to ask, "Who has a sweet tooth?" Well if you answered "ME!", well then I have the sandwich for "You"! This simple, sweet sandwich recipe is taken from Bobby Flay's Grilled Banana and Nutella Panini. This thing is unreal! So yummy! I'm talkin' "makes your eyes roll back in your head" good. Yes, that good. Go ahead and give it a try. You probably already have what you need in the kitchen at this very moment. You are just minutes away from pure chocolaty-banana bliss. Here's the what and how...


GRILLED BANANA AND NUTELLA PANINI
Makes 2 Servings


INGREDIENTS:


1 ripe banana, sliced



4 slices whole-wheat bread or white wheat


2 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)


20 sprays "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" Spray 


1/2 tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)


DIRECTIONS:


Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Spread 1/2 tablepoon of Nutella on one side of each bread slice. Slice banana into thin pieces and place evenly on two pieces of bread, on top of the Nutella. Take the remaining slices and place them Nutella side down over the bananas; making a sandwich.


Spray each grilling side with up to 5 sprays of "ICBINB". Place on the grill pan. Grill until golden brown. Flip and continue grilling until the second side is also golden brown.


 Remove from the grill pan, cut and sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar. Eat immediately...as if you could resist!

 
RESULTS:


I loved it! Rudy thought it was weird, but I think he is a little weird (Love you, Rudy!).
Nutella is a really good spread, which actually has less fat per serving than its relative, peanut butter. Two tablespoons is equal to one serving; enough Nutella to make two sandwiches! What I am saying here is that a little goes a long way.


I want to thank Bobby Flay for inspiring me to try Nutella. After the first bite, I said to my Nutella jar, "Where have you been my whole life?!?!" I have made a new friend.


As you can see, this recipe is simple and nutritious; taking little time to throw together. Craving something sweet in the morning? Throw one of these together and forget about that Boston Creme!


ENJOY!

NUTRITION FACTS (per serving of 1 sandwich w/powdered sugar): 242 calories; 6.2g fat;  44.97g carbohydrate; 6.15g protein;  9.05g fiber

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to be trying this. Probably this weekend! I have always wanted to try nutella and this is giving me all the reason that I need to! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails