Image Map
Image Map

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Livin' Lean Topic Tuesday: Movie Munchies

First, allow me to set the stage. It's a cloudy afternoon. The little one is napping, the husband is at work; the perfect time to curl up on the couch and watch a chick-flick. As I sit here writing this post, about to order Dear John, I can't help but think of the perfect snack to go pair with my matinee. What is it about movies that makes us want to munch? It is almost impossible to go to a movie theater without ordering something. It is even more difficult to resist temptation in the comfort of our own living rooms. Whatever it is, it happens. You can be strong and resist the urge to enjoy a snack OR you can decide to live a little! Treat yourself to a snack. Just make it a good one!

Here are a few of my favorite smart movie munchies:


Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop Popcorn - Butter or Kettle Corn (100 calorie mini-bags)

Hershey's York Peppermint Miniatures - 3 pieces (150 calories & 3 g/fat)

Edy's Vanilla Slow Churned Yogurt Blends - 1/2 cup (100 calories & 3 g/fat) Add fruit to boost nutrition; sliced peaches or fresh raspberries.

Baked Tostito & Salsa - one serving (150 calories & 3 g/fat) -Also try other Baked! varieties. I LOVE the Cheetos!

Veggies & Dip - Take a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing & mix with FAT FREE sour cream for a guilt-free dip!

So, there are some of my favs! Today, I am going for a classic movie treat; popcorn. Gotta go and get it poppin'. It's movie time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails