|Heather Bauer, RD, CDN, Author|
Listen to full interview HERE.
HEATHER DISCUSSES HER TOP TIPS FOR BEATING SUMMER HEAT
- Got Water?- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water...even when you aren't thirsty. Add fresh fruit slices for flavor and vitamins.
- Party Time- BBQs are big this summer. Bring something healthy you like or even something unhealthy you don't like. This way you have a healthy option to count on or you won't be tempted to eat the unhealthy food you don't like.
- Sweet Treats- Heather had some great ideas...listen to the interview to hear them and hear where you can find more.
- Take It Outside- Study has found that people who ate in front of thier computer ate twice as many calories. Heather suggests eating outside to get an added dose of sunshine.
- No Lazy Hazy Days- We don't have to hide from the hot August heat. Heather has ideas for getting outside and getting your heart pumping...as well as relaxing at the same time!
More about Heather...
Heather is a nationally recognmized nutrition expert and founder of Nu-Train in New York City. She is author of The Wall Street Diet (Hyperion, 2008) and sits on the Cooking Light Magazine's Nutrition Advisory Board. Heather often makes TV and radio appearances such as The Tyra Banks Show, America's Next Top Model, and CNN Morning News. She has also been a featured nutritionist in the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Self Magazine, In Touch, In Style, Shape, Gotham Magazine and Ladies Home Journal. You can find all of her nutrition tips and perspectives on diet trends by following her blog at www.nu-train.com/blog.
Heather was an absolute delight to talk to. She really knows her stuff and offered great tips that are easy and realistic. As the cover of her book The Wall Street Diet states, "It's not about willpower, it's about strategy." If you have the right strategies, you can live a healthy and happy life without feeling this need for intense willpower for restricting yourself from certain foods. I couldn't agree more with her perspective on this.