Image Map
Image Map

Monday, August 24, 2009

Paula Deen's Lean: Hot Asparagus Dip

Oh my goodness! I absolutely loved this recipe! I would describe the taste and texture similar to that of an artichoke dip, but a little bit more of a bold flavor. If you like artichoke dip and asparagus, then you will probably enjoy this delicious, easy-to-make appetizers.


HOT ASPARAGUS DIP
Serves 8


INGREDIENTS:
Two 12-ounce cans asparagus spears
1 1/2 cups Light Hellmann's Mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for sprinkling
2 cloves garlic, shopped
Salt and Pepper to taste


DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Drain and chop the asparagus. Add the remaining ingredients and mix; pour into baking dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until slightly brown and bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. Serve hot with lightly toasted French bread rounds or multigrain pita chips.


RESULTS:The first night I served this, I used lightly toasted multigrain bread. The next day, I made myself a little snack with a serving of left-over dip and sliced whole wheat flat bread. It was delicious!

Another quick, simple, delicious and nutritious recipe...inspired by Paula Deen and easily made lean! ENJOY!!

NUTRITION FACTS (per serving): 144 calories;  8.5g fat;  10.3g carbohydrate; 9.1g protein;  1.8g fiber


3 comments:

  1. I had a really bad experience with asparagus when I was a child and now I won't go near it. But I love spinich & artichoke dip! Got a lean way to make that?

    Thanks for stopping by & following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand that! I actually do have a recipe spinich and artichoke dip. Keep checking back in...I plan on making it sometime soon. Football season is a great time to test out all these great appetizers! Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!This looks so good! I really like what you have here Lindsay and I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set, Thanks!-Alisa@Foodista

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails