INDOOR FUN FOR EVERYONE
Rainy Day Activity Ideas for You & Your Little Ones
|Panda Bread from Gourmet-Mom-on-the Go.|
- Cook Somethin'! ~ OK, you knew this was going to be one, right? Find a kid-friendly recipe to make with your kids. This is a great time to teach kitchen safety, nutrition, science and even some math! Check out some of Kimber's recipes or stop by my friend Mandy's blog at Gourmet Mom-On-the-Go. She has really cute ideas family fun in the kitchen.
- Edible Art ~ My friend Anne wowed me with this great idea for an art project for kids that may still eat paint if you let them use it. Take some Cool Whip (sugar free, naturally) and put a big spoonful in a few pinch bowls. Drop a little food coloring in each, creating multiple colors of "finger paint". Get a white plastic place mat or cutting sheet and let them go to town decorating their canvas. If the hands go in the mouth...no big deal! It's just Cool Whip! Love this idea. Smart.
- Clean Up, Clean Up ~ Maybe my child is a little different, but she LOVES cleaning! If this sounds like your child...use it to your advantage. Start cleaning and ask the little ones to join in the fun. General cleaning can burn around 215 calories per hour (150 pound woman), so if you can't fit in a work out, this is a nice alternative. Check out how your exact calorie burn with this calculator from SELF.
- Just Dance ~ For Kimber, we can just throw on some music and dance. Laughing and dancing burns calories, plus it is very entertaining to see the new moves that little ones will bust out. If your kids are a little older (late elementary to middle), you could try making up a dance routine. They can practice for hours and even put on a big show when they have it down to perfection! Just think, Dancing with the Stars-Kids Edition in your living room. Priceless. Don't forget to charge the video recorder!
- Places to Go ~ You don't have to stay home. You can always take the little ones out and about. Try bowling, skating, an indoor playground, a pottery decorating place or museums.These are all activities done on your feet; giving you and your children more activity than just going to the movies.
Have a great Tuesday and remember that rainy days do not have to be lazy days.