It's Valentine's Day! I am not really a huge fan of the day (that's just me), but I still can't resist acknowledging the day or drawing inspiration from it all. It's everywhere!! I give in.
Single or coupled ... this list is for you!!
14 WAYS TO SHOW YOUR HEART SOME LOVE ON VALENTINE'S DAY
1. Have some red wine (my favorite)~ Antioxidants = good 4 U. CHEERS!
2. Eat dark chocolate (my 2nd favorite)~ Indulge in the name of heart health.
3. Make yourself a "heart healthy" meal at home~ I know where you can find a ton of those recipes!! *hint
5. Think RED with food today~ Strawberries, raspberries, watermelon, cranberries, pomegranates, tomatoes and red chili peppers all have powerful antioxidants that keep the heart healthy.
6. Be Spicy! ~ Many herbs and spices (such as basil, cinnamon, rosemary and thyme) have antioxidant properties that help to suppress inflammation.
7.Take a Walk ~ Find your favorite play list and hit the road for some me time that your heart will love.
8. Sleep ~ Research supports that lack of sleep is related to an increased risk of heart disease.
9. Do What Makes You Happy ~ Happier people are more likely to be healthier. Research is finding a strong connection between emotions and heart health.
10. Get Together With The Girls~ Girl time always makes things better. That has to be good for the heart!
11. Go Fish!~ Fish that contains Omega-3 fatty acids has been shown to reduce inflammation in the body and lower harmful cholesteral levels. Suggestions? Salmon, albacore tuna and trout.
12. Buy Yourself Something Sexy ~ It doesn't matter if "someone special" is going to see it or not! Every woman deserves to feel hot. So go buy that adorable VS number you have been eyeing or the dress that makes you feel like a million bucks. Feelin' hot is so good for your heart!! Get to shoppin'!
13. Bake Some Cookies ~ Something about baking can be relaxing and therapeutic. Use whole wheat flour in those cookies to boost those heart healthy benefits.
14. Relax ~ Stress is not good on the heart. Curl up with a good book, pick up a magazine, turn on some quiet music and just close your eyes...whatever it takes to slow down your pace and relax.
There ya go! 14 heart healthy ways to spend this Valentine's Day! I plan on doing the first two for sure!!
HAPPY HEART DAY!!