I am so excited to have recieved my very first blogging award! This Kreativ Blogger Award was given to me by Molly at Dutchess of Fork. Thanks again Molly! The way this award works is that I now am asked to list 7 facts about myself, then pass this award on to 7 other Kreativ Bloggers. So, let's have a little fun!
SEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME
1. My husband and I grew up in the same small town, went to rival high schools and had common friends. However, we never knew each other until meeting after college. Sometimes it feels like we grew up together, but we didn't. Everything happens for a reason.
2. It's weird, but when I was about 12, a tooth grew in through the roof of my mouth! My mom didn't believe me at first. We finally went to my orthodontist and he had to make a hole in my retainer to leave room for the tooth. Don't worry, it was taken out shortly after. But I still have the retainer to prove it!
3. My Great Uncle was President of the United States; Gerald R. Ford. He is the brother of my grandfather, James Ford. It has been very special having such an inspirational person as part of my life.
4. Never have I ever been stung by a bee.
5. I live in the house I grew up in. We took over when my parents moved to Charlotte. At first it was a litte strange, but we settled in quickly and made it our home. It's really cool having my daughter in the room I was in as a little girl.
6. Cooking is not something people realized I did much of until starting this blog. My favorite line from a friend has been, "So, since when have you been Ms. Betty Crocker? I had no idea!"
7. I love music! Listening to it, dancing to it and even trying to sing to it. In my dreams, I am a talented pop-star (think Beyonce or Britney). In reality, I am a not-so-talented, yet enthusiastic, fan. Either way, I am happy and loving what music brings to life.
Here are the following people that I am excited to nominate as "Kreativ Bloggers". Congratulations all of you! Keep up the kreativity in 2010!
Hi all! Just wanted to tell you a little bit about myself. In a nutshell, I am a 31-year-old mother of one little girl,an elementary school teacher, fitness lover and slightly new cook. My interest in healthy living goes way back to my years growing up in an active family. I have always been involved in athletics and made efforts to eat well. With a Bachelor's Degree from Elon University in Exercise/Sport Science, I am able to make educated choices about health and nutrition for myself and for my family. Exercise and healthy eating have gone from something I study, to simply a way of life. To top it off, my new found love for cooking has been a way to apply what I know and to tap into my creative side. This is my passion.
Just to let y'all know, I am not Paula Deen. Although I did get to cook with her in Savannah last June, Paula is not affiliated with this blog. The same goes for Bobby, Rachael, Ina and Giada. I am simply a woman that loves finding inspiration in their fabulous recipes and making them work with my passion for healthy eating. The content of this site is protected under copyright law. Please do not use or reproduce without consent. Oh, and one last thing. The nutritional information provided was calculated using information gathered from www.livestrong.com and the packaging of the products used. They were not figured by a nutrition professional, but they are as close as I can get.
THE LADY'S HOUSE SEASONING
Many of Paula's recipes call for the "House Seasoning". This is how she likes to spice up her dishes:
* 1 cup salt *1/4 cup black pepper *1/4 cup garlic powder
Mix it well and store it in a shaker near your cooktop!