Image Map
Image Map

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Livin' Lean Topic Tuesday: Think Your Way Into Lookin' Great

It's amazing how one day I can wake up and feel great about myself and two days later, I feel like a big, hot-mess. For one reason or another, I feel unattractive, tired and worn down. I'm pretty sure that nothing as actually changed with my physical appearance in two days, but something certainly has. So what is the deal? Where did that confident me from two days ago disappear to?


She's still there, but buried under a pile of the heavy, negative thoughts. The voices that we hear the loudest are the voices in our own heads; the ones telling us how we look and how we think others perceive us. Well, it's time to tell those voices that if they don't have anything nice to say...don't say it at all! At times, those negative voices can be so strong that they completely take over how we feel about ourselves. Unacceptable! Change the way I think, and I have the power to change the way I look and feel.

When I wake up feelin' down and lookin' rough, here are some things I like to think about. Feel free to try them out too. At least one of these thoughts is guaranteed to get you thinking your way to lookin' great.

7 THINGS TO THINK ABOUT

1- Just smile and I am instantly hotter than one of those fashion models that never does.

2- My (insert favorite feature here) is fabulous! I'm going to make it "pop" today!

3- I am the only me out there. I am uniquely beautiful in every way.

4- Wrinkles? What wrinkles? Oh, my smile lines. Yes, I am very fortunate to have so much to be happy about that my smiles have permanently marked my face. I am blessed.

5- Don't forget the power of the shower. Taking a shower, putting on some make-up and doing my hair is all I need to go from "not" to "hot". Go ahead and get that water runnin'!

6-The things I say and do are what make me the person I am. When those things are beautiful, I am beautiful. The outside only shines when the light inside is bright.

7- Beauty lives within my mind, my soul and my spirit. If I recognize this beauty, my body will reflect it and others will see all that is beautiful about me.


All of this is about feeling beautiful for you. It isn't for others, but simply to experience the joy of feeling good about how you look. Beauty has many dimensions; physical beauty being just a part of it. Recognize all aspects of your beauty and you are on your way to lookin' great, but more importantly, feeling great too. It all starts with positve thoughts. Feel great and confident about yourself and you are unstoppable.

Have a wonderful Tuesday, Gorgeous!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails