Image Map
Image Map

Friday, January 8, 2010

Awarded By Royalty


I am so excited to have recieved my very first blogging award! This Kreativ Blogger Award was given to me by Molly at Dutchess of Fork. Thanks again Molly! The way this award works is that I now am asked to list 7 facts about myself, then pass this award on to 7 other Kreativ Bloggers. So, let's have a little fun!

SEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME

1. My husband and I grew up in the same small town, went to rival high schools and had common friends.  However, we never knew each other until meeting after college. Sometimes it feels like we grew up together, but we didn't. Everything happens for a reason.


2. It's weird, but when I was about 12, a tooth grew in through the roof of my mouth! My mom didn't believe me at first. We finally went to my orthodontist and he had to make a hole in my retainer to leave room for the tooth. Don't worry, it was taken out shortly after. But I still have the retainer to prove it!


3. My Great Uncle was President of the United States; Gerald R. Ford. He is the brother of my grandfather, James Ford. It has been very special having such an inspirational person as part of my life.


4. Never have I ever been stung by a bee.


5. I live in the house I grew up in. We took over when my parents moved to Charlotte. At first it was a litte strange, but we settled in quickly and made it our home. It's really cool having my daughter in the room I was in as a  little girl.


6. Cooking is not something people realized I did much of until starting this blog. My favorite line from a friend has been, "So, since when have you been Ms. Betty Crocker? I had no idea!"


7. I love music! Listening to it, dancing to it and even trying to sing to it. In my dreams, I am a talented pop-star (think Beyonce or Britney). In reality, I am a not-so-talented, yet enthusiastic, fan. Either way, I am happy and loving what music brings to life.


Here are the following people that I am excited to nominate as "Kreativ Bloggers". Congratulations all of you! Keep up the kreativity in 2010!

KREATIV BLOGGER AWARD NOMINEES

 
1. Land of Mama Grits

2. Becky at Grits and Gossip

3. Tammy at Frugal Southern Mom

4. Heather at Mrs. Southern Bride

5.  Christin at A Classy, Southern Bride

6. Velva at Tomatoes on the Vine

7. Betsy & Summer at Chic Shoppers

And there you have it! A list of 7 wonderful and creative bloggers. Stop by their blogs and see what all the excitement is about.




10 comments:

  1. Your blog is darling! Thanks too for dropping by mine.

    xo,
    cristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Love your blog and thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Your blog is adorable! You have a new followers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Always fun to receive an award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award. You deserve it!!

    xoxo
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsay, this award made my day. Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

    Congratulations on your award. I really enjoy your blog.

    By the way, very interesting facts about you. I enjoyed reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The very first vote for President I ever made was for Gerald Ford...

    And I had a bit of a crush on your... great cousin (?) Susan... Everyone in the house I lived in in college did

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time visiting your blog and I'm so happy I clicked on your name over at Velva's blog, "Tomatoes on the Vine"! You have such a beautiful family and the cutest blog header - love it! How neat that Gerald Ford was your uncle! I live in Rancho Mirage, CA and we have lots of tributes to him here from the time he and Mrs. Ford lived here. From streets to schools, to the post office and more. And of course...The Betty Ford Clinic. I look forward to following your cooking adventures on your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindsay,
    Thank you! I loved your post, funny I thought about your blog when I was watching Paula this past weekend...! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would pay to see that retainer. No joke. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails