This fun little activity was too cute not to share. Yes, it is pure sugar, but the intention is to decorate with this recipe, not actually eat it. Although, Kimber and I did sneak in a few candy corn and dips into the frosting. Gotta have some fun and treat yourself every now and then, right?
If you are home from school or stuck indoors because of Sandy like we are, this is the perfect activity to keep the kids busy for a bit. We are in a hotel and we even had room for this! No kids around the kitchen? This craft makes an adorable place card holder or dish label for a festive fall buffet. This little idea came from Paula Deen. While looking up new recipes to start working away on, I stumbled upon this video. Have fun with it!!
CANDY CORN TREES
- SUGAR Joy Cone ICE CREAM CONES
- PILLSBURY Funfetti Creamy Supreme Halloween Icing (Or make with vanilla frosting and orange food coloring)
- CANDY CORN
- Not a candy corn fan? Try using Reese's Pieces!
- Spread icing all over the surface of the cone.
- Starting with the bottom row, lightly press the candy into the icing.
- Continue making each row until reaching the top of the cone.
- To add a place card, dab an extra bit of icing on top and stick card gently into the icing.
That is one proud little girl!
If you are already thinking ahead, you may want to save this idea for Christmas or the winter holiday season. It will be here before we know it! Use white icing with green and red M&M's or blue and white York Peppermint Pieces to create a sweet winter wonderland!
Kimber and I wish you a very HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Be safe. Have fun. And stop back again soon as we start cookin' it up again!
**You may have noticed I haven't been posting much. I miss it soooooo much! This year I coached varsity volleyball for the first time and needless to say, it is very time consuming. I have loved every minute of it, but it doesn't allow much time for cookin' new recipes. There just haven't been a lot of exciting and new home cooked meals over the past couple of months. Well, the season is winding down and I am back! I hope you're ready to start cookin' some lean Food Network inspired recipes with me. I know I am ready to get back into it!! This time of year is one of my favorite times to be in the Cookin' Lean Kitchen. Hope you join us!